Monday, May 2, 2016

Regina Doman's Updates: Questions about Black as Night and Waking Rose

Regina Doman's Updates: Questions about Black as Night and Waking Rose: It's been a while since I've posted reader questions about Black as Night and Waking Rose, so I thought I'd post this latest one:

There seems to be symbolism in the book Black as Night that I don't understand. The main one I have trouble comprehending happens to be the title of the play Rose was in in that book, Through the Looking Glass. I noticed that Elaine is the founder of the Mirror Corporation, and towards the end of the book Bear happens to literally be on the other side of the looking glass in his father's house. 

Another question I have is for Waking Rose. When Rose is in her coma and Dr. Murray is giving her something to make her stay in her coma, I was wondering what Rose sees. She sees Dr. Murray as a serpent and it talks about what she sees as a type of palace and everyone is sleeping and she can't seem to wake them up. Is what she seeing the inside of Graceton? So when she wakes up she can go throughout Graceton? Thank You!  -- B.F, 4/18/2016  read more...

No comments: